Are you looking for a reliable plumbing company in the Edmonton area? Look no further as you have found the best contractor for all your plumbing, heating, and air conditioning needs! ProSolutions Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning is a full-service emergency contractor that offers the latest in innovative solutions to each of your home’s needs. We hire the best-in-class technicians who are not only professional but respectful of your time and home! Before any job begins, we offer a fixed, upfront price so you know beforehand what the cost will be so there are no surprises.
Also be sure to check our reviews page to see what some of our happy customers have to say about our work.
Benefits of Water Softeners
Water softeners used to be seen as a luxury item only afforded by the most affluent class of people. As the years have passed, the cost has lowered and people are seeing that this ‘luxury’ is more of a necessity. Here are the top benefits of choosing to install a water softener in your home:
- Softer, less itchy skin and more manageable hair
- Reduced soap scum which makes for easier housework
- Cleaner looking dishes and glassware (none of the dreaded water spots!)
- Softer and cleaner-looking clothes
- Cost savings due to increased efficiency of appliances
- Increased longevity of appliances that use water (dishwasher, washing machine, coffee maker, etc)
- Less limescale buildup on pipe walls which will mean fewer clogs
Types of Water Softeners
There are two main types of water softeners that are available: salt-based and salt-free. From there, you will find that there are different ways to soften your water but each will return to the salt or salt-free models. Here is what you should know about each main type of water softener:
- Salt-based water softeners: these water softeners basically use salt to replace the ions that cause water to be considered ‘hard.’ These ions include calcium, magnesium, and iron
- Salt-free water softeners: this type of water softener does not technically ‘soften’ the water as much as it prevents the previously mentioned ions from being deposited as scale
Although it is better to have some sort of water softener than none at all, salt-free water softeners are thought to be slightly less effective than their salt-based counterparts.
For Softer Water Call ProSolutions
If you are tired of constantly fighting soap scum and limescale buildup, it is definitely time to consider a water softener for your home! There are makes and models for every home, need, and budget–all you need to do is find what works for you. With help from the technicians at ProSolutions Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning, you will find the best water softening system for your family’s needs!
We also can help with your water quality issues. Worried that hard water is leaving scale in your pipes? Our expert hydro jetting services will take care of it in no time!