There are several steps involved in installing your new furnace. These steps will vary depending on the furnace you choose, your home’s existing furnace system, and any changes you want.
- Align the new furnace with existing gas lines and ductwork
- Connect and seal to the ducting system
- Connect intake and exhaust pipes
- Connect the gas line
- Connect the furnace to the electrical supply and thermostat
- Connect the furnace to a drain hole
At this point, it’s important to check your work, make sure everything is connected properly and there are no gas leaks.
Please note: these steps are extremely simplified and meant to provide an overview to understand the professional furnace installation process better. It is highly recommended that you have your furnace professionally installed in order to avoid dangerous problems and issues with your new furnace. Having to get furnace repairs on your new unit would not be covered under warranty without professional installation.
Hiring a professional will be more costly initially but will save you money in the long run.