A furnace could stop working for a variety of reasons. Most commonly, furnaces stop working because of:
- Blocked or clogged vents, blowers, and/or ductwork
- A dirty, clogged filter
- Thermostat malfunctions (or just a low battery)
- Problem with your power supply
- Damage to the flue
- Issues with belts
- Problems with the pilot light
- Wiring issues
Winters in Edmonton, Alberta can be cold! Avoid layers upon layers of sweaters – if you’re experiencing any of the following issues, get your furnace repaired right away:
- Strange smells, like burning or chemicals
- You can’t turn the furnace on
- Inadequate and inconsistent heat. For example, some rooms are hotter than others and some rooms have no heat at all.
- Loud, banging or rattling noises
If you are in Edmonton and surrounding area, contact ProSolutions Inc, we’d love to be your HVAC company of choice. If you’re outside of our service area, contact a local furnace company with top ratings on Google.