A professional technician will have an extensive checklist to go through when providing furnace tune-up service and maintenance. The items on this list cover every part of your furnace in order to ensure that it is in top working condition.
Some of the most important items included in this furnace service checklist are:
- Vent, blower, and ductwork cleaning
- Inspection of the flue for damage and dents
- Examination of all belts and their tension
- Adjustment of the furnace’s pilot light flame
- Calibration of the thermostat
- Visual inspection of all electrical wiring
- Inspection of the furnace filter
- Cleaning and removing any debris
A checklist that includes no less than 22 points of inspection should be used during your furnace service.