Wintertime in this part of the world is COLD- there is no doubt about that! This is all the more reason for you to have a reliable heater and a reliable heating contractor. ProSolutions Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning knows and understands this which is why we offer 24-hour service without the premium you’ll pay at other companies. In addition to this, we tell you the fixed price, upfront before the job ever starts so that there aren’t any surprises when we leave. Finally, before head out, our technicians clean up after themselves, ensuring you aren’t stuck with a huge mess!
Our Heating Services
We are proud to provide comprehensive heating solutions to the homeowners and business owners of Edmonton and beyond. Click any service to learn more!
- 24 Hour Emergency Services
- Heater Tune-Up & Repair
- Heater Installation
- Furnace Tune-Up & Repair
- Furnace Installation
- Boiler Services
Save on all your heating needs with our coupons and specials.
When Your Heater Needs Repair
In reality, you should schedule heater maintenance and tune-ups right before the temperature drops for the rest of the winter. Ideally, this maintenance will help prevent any potential problems from occurring and keep your heater working through the season. Unfortunately, issues can still crop up, and the longer you ignore them, the worse they will get. Here are a few signs that your heater needs to be serviced immediately:
- Smells – normally you will smell a hint of burning dust when you turn the unit on for the first time each year. However, this odour should not persist and if other smells like burning or chemicals start permeating the house, call the ProSolutions Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning team
- Difficulty turning the unit on – it is normal to see units struggle to turn on after a long summer. However, if you can’t seem to get the unit to turn on after a number of tries, there may be an electrical issue
- Inadequate heat – your heater should provide enough warmth for your home and that warmth should be spread evenly throughout. Some rooms being far warmer than others or certain rooms having no heat may be an indication of a coming system failure
- Noises – loud, banging or rattling noises could indicate that a belt is broken or some other component has shaken its way loose
When to Replace Your Heater
A common question is how to know if you should repair or replace your heater. Depending on the type of heater your home uses (boiler, furnace, radiant floor heating, etc) you will find a number of answers. The key in knowing when to replace your heater is considering the cost of the repair compared to the cost of a new unit. Basically, if you multiply the cost of the repair by the age of the unit, you will get a relatively large number. If that large number is less than the cost of a new unit, it is probably a good idea to repair it. If that number is larger than the cost of a new unit, it is likely cheaper to replace it.
Call the ProSolutions Team
When you’re in need of a working heater, there isn’t time to waste. The team at ProSolutions Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning will make sure that a friendly customer service representative answers your call and dispatches a technician to your home no matter the time of day. We always look out for our customers’ best interests which is the reason why so many people continue to call us!
Don’t take our word for it. Visit our reviews page to see what some of our past customers have to say about our work.