There are a number of great handyman services out there–they can hang pictures, touch up walls, repair dings, and even assemble furniture. However, when deciding on a company for plumbing, heating, or air conditioning work, you should choose one that specializes in those areas and is certified to work on those appliances. That company should be ProSolutions Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning! We are a full-service emergency heating company that offers around-the-clock service at no additional charge. We are familiar with numerous brands of heating equipment and actually know and understand boilers–a dying art.
Looking to upgrade your heating system? Find out about our furnace installation services today!
When to Repair a Boiler
Oddly enough, boilers can have REALLY long lifespans. However, even the best-made boiler will need repairs from time to time. Typically, your boiler will give you signs that it needs work. Sometimes these signs are quite obvious, while other times, the signs are almost obscure. Here is when you should call us for repairs:
- Low water pressure: this is an easy sign that you need to call for repairs. You can check the pressure by looking at the gauge. If it reads less than 1, there is a problem!
- No heat from radiators: this could be due to the temperature being turned down low, but if you attempt to turn it up with no success, again, call us!
- Banging noises: this could mean that your pipes are no longer fitting together properly or that your pump is failing–both can be repaired easily
- Pilot light going out: if your pilot light goes out once, it might be a draught. If it continues to happen it could be water leaking from corrosion or an issue with the gas
- Pilot light not blue: a pilot light should always be blue. When it’s not there is an issue with the amount of oxygen or other gas mixtures, including carbon monoxide
Each of these signs is indicative of a boiler that needs service but doesn’t necessarily need a replacement. Speak with a ProSolutions Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning technician to determine the best choice when considering whether to repair or replace.
Benefits of Choosing a Boiler
If you are at a point in life where you are having to consider replacing a furnace, you may wonder if a boiler is right for you. Although we can’t answer that question without getting to know your home, lifestyle, and budget, we can provide the top benefits of choosing a boiler as your source of heat!
- Longevity: furnaces last around 15-20 years. Boilers can easily last the same, or much longer! It isn’t unheard of for a boiler to make it to 30 or 40 years
- Fewer moving parts: when a system has fewer moving parts, there are fewer parts that can break which mean fewer costly repairs
- Even heating: boilers are known for their ability to heat an entire house with comfortable heat that isn’t overly dry
- Air quality: there isn’t a fan to blow around dust particles or debris which makes for easier breathing
Your Boiler Repairman: ProSolutions
When you are looking to install or repair a boiler in your home, there is only one contractor for the job: ProSolutions Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning! We enjoy giving our customers every option and pointing them in the best direction toward a comfortable home. We stand behind our work by realizing that mistakes can happen–if they do, we correct them and make it right!
Be sure to visit our reviews page to see what some of our past customers have to say about our expert boiler solutions.