Have you heard! Your neighborhood plumbing and heating specialists from ProSolutions also have a water treatment division! The original AquaClear Water Filtration has been helping homeowners stay healthy for years with filtration and softening solutions for Edmonton municipal and well water. Here at AquaClear, we provide state-of-the-art products for purifying the water from your kitchen sink, your shower, and all other indoor plumbing fixtures.
The Importance of Water Conditioning in Edmonton
Why does your home need water conditioning? Because the water supply here in Alberta suffers from extreme hardness as well as pollution. Low water quality results in:
- Shorter Lives for Your Plumbing Appliances, Pipes, and Drains
- Bad Tasting or Smelling Water from the Tap
- Limescale Build-Up on Your Dishware From Dishwasher Water
- Soap Not Lathering & Itchy Skin After Showers
- Illnesses from Drinking Contaminated Water
- Gray-Stained/Itchy Clothes from Laundry Machines
So what’s the solution? How do you remove the contaminants, pollutants, and microbial elements from your water to get cleaner, healthier, purer tap? There are actually multiple answers to softening and filtering water, but here at AquaClear we streamline our conditioning tools into a set of six packages, all combinations of the same three components.
Our experts want you to understand your options, so we thought we’d describe them to you here!
Water Conditioning Solutions
Here are the three components of a successful home water conditioning system. You may not need all three for your own home (depending on your water quality), but an AquaClear professional can help you mix and match according to your needs:
- Whole-Home Softening– Hard water (water with excessive mineral content) affects far more than the water you drink from your kitchen sink. Hard water is particularly tough on plumbing appliances, such as your water heater or your laundry machines. Over time, the minerals wear away pipe sealants, causing leaks, and build up in your plumbing, creating clogs. A whole-home water softening device will remove excessive mineral content from all of the water in your home, ensuring your fixtures are safe and your plumbing isn’t under any unnecessary strain.
- Reverse Osmosis– It sounds complicated, but it’s fairly simple: reverse osmosis is the process by which water is directed through a porous membrane and subjected to hydrostatic pressure, which removes particulates and purifies the end result. Reverse osmosis (RO) water purification technology cleanses your water of both organic and inorganic contaminants, dramatically improving the taste and aesthetic of your drinking water as well as removing chlorine, viruses, hydrocarbons, detergents, sodium, calcium, and more!
- Carbon Filtration– A whole-home water filter is designed to remove impurities from water, making it safer to drink without adding chemicals! The best filtration method by far is carbon filtering, a method of filtering that uses a bed of activated carbon to remove contaminants. Through absorption, carbon filters make your water chemical-free.
So call AquaClear for water filtration and softening services today! We can perform a test on your water and help you decide on what water conditioning package is right for you. Call ProSolutions, home of AquaClear Water Filtration, for water treatment in Edmonton today!