Water heaters haven’t been considered a luxury item for years and in fact, you’d be hard-pressed to find a home without one. With that said, these appliances do not last forever and can occasionally need repairs. ProSolutions Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning is the company to handle this! Our plumbers are knowledgeable about all water heaters and can help you with the decision to repair or replace your unit. Of course, should you experience a hot water emergency and need our services, we are available around the clock!
Dealing with a serious water heater leak? We offer emergency services when you need them most!
When To Repair or Replace Your Water Heater
Water heaters do not last forever and usually break down when you need them most. Sometimes, the appliance just needs a small repair while other times the unit should be completely replaced. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to tell the difference and sometimes the cost of either one won’t make for a clear decision, either. Here are a few ways to tell if you should consider repairing or replacing your unit:
- Age – as stated, water heaters won’t last forever. On average, water heaters last between 8 and 10 years. This is just an average so your tank may need to be replaced at 7 years or last for 11 years
- Rust – if there is rust in your tank or inlet valve, the unit is corroding
- Noise – hearing a loud popping or crackling sounds could mean that there is sediment built up at the bottom of the tank. Every time the tank needs to be heated, it must heat through this layer which can cause the bottom of the unit to burn and eventually leak. This is a problem that could lead to repair or replacement depending on its severity
- Leaks – there isn’t a long-term solution to repairing water heater leaks and this can indicate a new tank is in your future
- Not enough hot water – at one point, your water heater provided enough hot water for your home. If it no longer does, whether it is due to age or the fact your family has grown, it may be time to replace the unit
Our plumbing professionals can help you make the best choice for your home. Whether it ends up being high-quality water heater repairs or a complete replacement, we have the expertise needed to get the job done right – the first time.
Benefits of Professional Water Heater Installation
Although there may be seminars and videos showing how to install a water heater, this process isn’t always as easy as it looks. When dealing with an appliance that heats your home’s water, you are also handling electrical components and in some instances natural gas lines, which can be dangerous without the right expertise. The combination of these can be deadly, even if the install seemingly went ‘fine.’ Sometimes problems tend to show themselves days, weeks, or months after a DIY job is completed.
When you choose to call ProSolutions Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning, this won’t be an issue. We will make sure to install your new water heater correctly, set the temperature for efficiency and safety, and explain any features you may need to know about.
Call ProSolutions for Your Water Heater Needs
If you hop into a cold shower in the morning or never seem to have enough hot water for your family’s shower or cleaning needs, it’s probably related to your water heater. With that said, a call to ProSolutions Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning is in order! We can help diagnose the problem and walk you through whether a repair or replacement would be better for your situation. Once that decision is made, you can trust that the repair will be made carefully or the replacement will be installed in the most professional way!
Looking for a bigger upgrade? Our plumbers can also help you add even more comfort an efficiency to your home with a tankless water heater installation.