Plumbing doesn’t have to only encompass leaking pipes and faucets or overflowing toilets. The plumbing field can also include providing healthier water for your family without having to forfeit taste, quality, or even price. At ProSolutions Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning, we are committed to the health of your plumbing AND the health of your family! We are a full-service plumbing company that offers emergency services should you need them. Believe it or not, you also won’t pay a premium for a weekend or late night calls as we understand that emergencies can happen at any time!
Whole House vs. Point-of-Use Water Filters
Plastic bottles are hard on the environment, with over 60 million plastic bottles thrown away each day. A large percentage of that number is empty water bottles. With statistics like those, it is easy to convince anyone to purchase a point-of-use water filter. However, these water filters aren’t necessarily the best option for every home. Here are a few things to consider when deciding between the two:
- Whole home water filters help to ensure that even your shower water is clean. That means that contaminants cannot make their way into your mouth or eyes when you are washing yourself
- Every faucet in your home will offer filtered, crisp water to anyone who needs it. This fact will help you decrease the number of water bottles you throw away and the amount of money spent on purchasing something you already have
- Because sediment is filtered out, your water will feel softer and you will see increased longevity in your appliances
- Your hair and skin will feel softer and less itchy due to no chlorine
- Clothes will look less dingy because natural sediment and chemical additives will be removed
Types of Whole-House Water Filters
There are actually a few types of whole-house water filtration systems on the market. Each one offers a number of benefits, a drawback or two, and can be found at varying price points:
- Activated carbon filters: these remove bigger particles from the water and generally make the water taste and smell better
- Reverse osmosis: uses water pressure and a thin membrane to remove almost ever contaminant possible
- Water Ionizers: these water filters use electrolysis to separate the water into two streams–one that is alkaline and one that is acidic
- UV filters: a relatively new technology for water filtration, these systems use UV rays to kill off bacteria and other microscopic contaminants
Be Healthy, Drink More Water, and Call ProSolutions!
If you have made a commitment to yourself to become healthier, take things one step further and consume more water. Choosing to drink more filtered water is great for your health and when it comes directly from your tap, it’ll save you money! Allow ProSolutions Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning to help you choose your whole house water filter to begin seeing benefits immediately.
We also can help with your plumbing as a whole so your home and family are healthy. Be sure to visit our reviews page to see what some of our past customers have to say about our work.